Sunday 27 March 2011

Mailbox Monday/ In My Mailbox

Hey, it's that time again, where I express to you how naughty I've been, buying books with my no money, and then you comfort me and tell me they're great! No visits to the library this week (I'm saving that for tomorrow, before I properly start my new job on Tuesday, scary stuff!) but I did buy two new books, whoopsie! And they are:


Room by Emma Donoghue
I have only ever read or seen good things about this book, so I thought the time had come to buy it. It sounds heartbreaking but cute, and something that I should definitely be reading, plus I've had it on my amazon wishlist ever since it came out in hardback/I read the New York Times review of it. When I saw it had come out in paperback, well, I knew I had to buy it! In my defence, I bought it with a mother's day present, and it is less than 2 weeks until my birthday- what if no one else buys me a present at all?! Then I at least won't be sad because I can read my book! Betcha never thought of that! Also, this recommendation by Audrey Niffenegger makes it sound pretty spectacular too: "Room is a book to read in one sitting. When it's over, you look up: the world looks the same but you are somehow different and that feeling lingers for days." Yeah, I think I might be reading this book pretty soon...

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
Continuing on my quest for a full reading of the works of the great Stephen King, I found a pristine copy of his latest book for £1 in a charity shop. And when I say pristine, I mean pristine- I'm pretty sure that nobody's read it before, which means a score for me! I am actually feeling little pangs of sadness around this purchase though, because I basically can't read it for another 56 books (and that's just King books!) but maybe I should just read it whenever I want and re-read it when I get to the end of my challenge... That sounds like the best way to me!




So anyway, yes, this is what I bought. How about you? Any exciting new books making their way into your household this week? Let me know below!

IMM is hosted by The Story Sirenevery Sunday.
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed PageIt is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. You can view the touring blog list at the Mailbox Monday blog for the upcoming months.

10 comments:

  1. Fab set! I've heard great things about Room too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't heard of any of these books but they sound really good. Hope you enjoy reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything I've heard about Room gives it incredible praise. I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So have to check into that Stephen King book! Thanks for sharing your "mail".....happy reading!

    Here's my Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read Room earlier this year and enjoyed it. What a great deal on the Stephen King book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you love both books, and Happy Early Birthday. :)

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Room came out in paperback! I missed out on the opportunity to review the hardcover, but I think I'll request the paperback and see what all the hype is about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed Room. It is one of those books that stays with after you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I listened to the Room audiobook and liked it a lot more than I thought I would!

    ReplyDelete