Friday 11 November 2011

Devouring: Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting

Christmas is coming nearer and nearer, and my absolute favourite thing about the festive season? The amount of gingerbread things I can make and eat. Last year, I kid you not, I made gingerbread men, gingerbread biscotti, ginger nuts, and these, my absolute favourite gingerbread product of all. These gingerbread cupcakes are SO GOOD, and it's honestly worth buying Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World for this recipe alone (I'm so not posting the recipe here because, 1) I kind of think it's stealing, and 2) Don't you massively want to make cruelty free cupcakes that taste disturbingly good?!) But I will tell you that the reason I think it's so good is because it's basically made up of liquid sugars (molasses and maple syrup) so the texture is AMAZING. So, I'm just going to stop going on about them right now and show you one instead!
First of all, can I just get some appreciation for my pretty bowl? It's a flower, I like it a lot and want to eat all foods out of it. And, moving on from that, why yes, those are teeny gingerbread men sprinkles! Amazing, I know. And just look at it when you've taken a bite:
I literally did take a bite out of that cake so sorry if that grosses you out, but, believe me, you wouldn't have been able to resist either! I'm not even sure this picture does it justice- it's sort of sticky in a perfect way that means its neither too dry or too moist- it's perfect, and basically impossible to screw up. Seriously. I also have to strongly recommend the lemon frosting on top because what's gingerbread without lemon frosting? I had some Starbucks ginger loaf the other day (Starbucks cakes are never really recommended because there's always something wrong with them) and it just had vanilla frosting on top, and I was not at all impressed. It's just not right! To make this frosting I genuinely didn't measure anything out- I just used pretty much equal amounts of cream cheese and unsalted butter (I had cream cheese and butter left over, otherwise I would have made vegan frosting too) then kept adding icing sugar until it tasted sweet enough, and added lemon zest until it was zesty enough. Simple.

To be honest, if you don't make these cupcakes over Christmas, I'll be personally let down. Unless you don't like ginger, and then I just feel sorry for you. Either way, buy Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World! It will serve you well in the long run, and Oh! The cupcakes you'll make!

No comments:

Post a Comment