Sunday 22 April 2012

To sum up...

I can't be bothered to do a Sunday Sundries post this week, because I'm still all tired from yesterday and I've just realised that I haven't written my Woman in White post for this week yet BUT I shall sum up my reading stats and things for the 24 hours, which were punctuated by doing washing, putting away shopping, and generally checking that my mum had taken all her tablets and wasn't feeling ill (I ask about once an hour, do we think that's excessive? I'm a bit of a hovering mother...) But anyway, the end of event meme!

1. Which hour was the most daunting to you?
I can't really say that I had a daunting hour, since I was planning from the outset not to read all night. But I was super duper tired at around 11 (start of Hour 11) and then got a second wind and ended up reading until like 2am.

2. Could you list a few high interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?
Well... I found MetaMaus really interesting, but that's something that's quite specific to me because 1) I think Maus is one of the best pieces of literature ever, and 2) I'm a nerd and like to learn about the backgrounds of things that I like. I would still recommend The Hunger Games in a readathon setting, because it got me through like hours 16-19 before which was HARD going.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the readathon next year?
No, but it's upsetting me that these questions keep saying next year... there's going to be one in October, right?

4. What do you think worked really well in this years readathon?
I'm probably the wrong person to ask, because as I knew I wasn't going to read for the whole time, I really focused on reading and didn't visit too many other blogs, or even the Dewey's readathon page that often... I know, I'm bad. But I'm sure it all worked well!

5. How many books did you read?
2 and a half. I'm pretty pleased with that.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Watership Down by Richard Adams, The Hours by Michael Cunningham, and MetaMaus by Art Spiegelman.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I'm going to say MetaMaus, just cause it's all new to me, but The Hours is one of my favourite ever books.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Watership Down. You'll see why soon enough.

9. N/A

10. How likely are you to take part in the readathon again? What role are you likely to take next time?
I'm basically entirely sure that I would take part in the readathon next time, although I'm not really sure about taking on a formal sort of role- I would definitely like to visit more blogs next time, and not be so bloggishly anti-social!


1 comment:

  1. I was kind of lazy about visiting other blogs and getting on twitter too, and I only managed to finish 1 book and get halfway through another.

    Sounds like you had a successful thon though! And hope your mom is feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete